About Leadership & International Relations
The mission of the Center for Leadership & International Relations is to:
– Develop the students’ capacity to recognize and provide the essentials of ethical leadership in the context of community, national, and international affairs.
– Help each student understand the importance of international relations for issue resolution and the well being of our society and global community.
This mission will be achieved through an engaged and in-depth study of the history and theories of leadership, how leadership varies across contexts and constituencies, the development of essential leadership competencies and skills, and topics and issues in international relations. Recognizing that learning is active, not passive, the students in the Center will participate in interactive and experiential learning opportunities, encouraging self-understanding and personal growth.
The goals of the program are to:
– Instill in students an understanding and a passion for leadership that positively impacts their community and their future.
– Increase the knowledge and develop the leadership skills necessary for students to be successful in leadership roles.
– Develop knowledgeable citizens who understand the role and impact of international relations on the well being of our society and the global community.
– Provide students an academically challenging and stimulating course of study.
– Provide meaningful opportunities for learning and application of knowledge and skills.
TEDxYouth@JamesRiverRoad is an independently organized TEDx event at James River High School in Midlothian, VA
We host an annual TEDx event which features a diverse group of speakers.